Monday After the Masters 2012: Get Ready!The Author: Golf Staff
Published: February 26th, 2012
Last Updated: April 28th, 2014
Charleston native Darius Rucker along with the rest of the Hootie and the Blowfish crew hold a celebrity golf tournament each year on the Monday following The Masters golf tournament. The tournament is held to raise money for the Hootie & The Blowfish Foundation, which supports the educational needs of South Carolina and the South Carolina Junior Golf Foundation. So far, the event has donated more than $4.5 million to it’s cause, and draws in thousands of spectators to the North Myrtle Beach and surrounding areas annually. The tournament originated in Columbia, South Carolina in the early 90’s before Hootie and the Blowfish were a household name. The tournament has been held in Myrtle Beach since 2003 and is still going strong.
Monday After the Masters is held at the Dye Club at Barefoot Resort & Golf in North Myrtle Beach, SC on April 9th. There are 26 celebrities scheduled to attend including but not limited to: Chuck Finley, Ric Flair, Tyler Thigpen, Mike Golic and Michael Waltrip. Many Professional golfers are also scheduled to attend the tournament such as John Daly, Dustin Johnson, Jim Furyk, Davis Love III, Annika Sorenstam and Chris DiMarco.
The Mike & Mike in the Morning Show will be broadcasting live from the event. If you like seeing huge tee-shots, don’t miss the long drive contest at 10am on the first hole. Whether you and your buddies need an excuse to party all weekend, want to show your support for a great cause or just want to see John Daly taking drives off of beer cans, the “Monday After The Masters” golf tournament is a must see event! This is one of the highest grossing charity tournaments in South Carolina and sells out quickly, so get your tickets as soon as possible!
Monday After the Masters 2012 – Quick Details
- Held at the Dye Club @ Barefoot Resort & Golf in North Myrtle Beach, SC
- General Admission to the event is 15 dollars and tickets can be purchased through the House of Blues website.
- Children 12 and under are allowed free entry to the event.
- Gates open at 5:30am on Monday April 9th, 2012 and there will be a shotgun start at 11am
- On the day of the event, spectators will be able to park in Barefoot Landing and shuttle buses will pick up and drop off guests at the Alabama Theater.