October 2012: Top 10 golf courses in Myrtle BeachThe Author: Craig Chinn
Published: November 10th, 2012
Last Updated: April 28th, 2014
I want to start with concerns for our golfing friends in the northeast. I have talked to several golfers that were in the path of Hurricane Sandy and I hope that everything and everyone gets back to normal sooner than later. Fortunately, the hurricane avoided the Golf Capital of the World, and we were very lucky as the “Frankstorm” stayed out in the Atlantic Ocean.
You can read a blog on our sister site how Hurricane Sandy has no affect on area Myrtle Beach Golf Courses.
Again, I wish everyone a speedy recovery from the Hurricane.
Moving on to why we are here, the top 10 golf courses in Myrtle Beach for October 2012. Last month the Legends Heathland course made its debut in the top 10, however it did not last long. We have another new comer to the top 10 golf courses in Myrtle Beach and very little movement with the other top ranked courses.
1) Caledonia Golf & Fish Club – Ranked the top golf course in Myrtle Beach for four straight months. The only golf course in Myrtle Beach to be ranked in the top ten for twenty months.
2) Tidewater Golf & Plantation – Closing in on #1 Caledonia, behind by only a few points. Ranked in the top 10 twelve times but never making it to #1.
3) Dunes Golf & Beach Club – #3 for the second consecutive month, one of the few courses in Myrtle Beach that has an Ocean View. Ranked in the top 10, nineteen months only missing out in January 2012.
4) True Blue Golf Plantation – Holding at #4 the “Big Brother” of Caledonia has been ranked in the top 10 for 15 months.
5) Myrtle Beach National – King`s North – This Arnold Palmer design is the most popular of his four designs in Myrtle Beach. Kings North has been ranked eleven months.
6) Barefoot – Dye Club – Dropped one spot from #5. The Barefoot Dye Club is the host course of the “Monday After the Masters” and has been ranked eighteen months.
7) Thistle Golf Club – Ranked in the top 10 for eleven months, considered by many to have the best bent grass greens on the Grand Strand.
8) Pawleys Plantation Golf & Country Club – One of three Jack Nicklaus designs on the Grand Strand. Ranked in the top 10 for eleven months.
9) TPC of Myrtle Beach – Former host of the Senior Tour Championship (now called Champions Tour) Voted by Golf Digest as the only 5-star course in Myrtle Beach. Ranked in the top 10 eighteen months.
10) Tigers Eye Golf Links – Making its debut to the top 10, Tigers Eye is one of four courses at Ocean Ridge Plantation, Home of the Big Cats.
There you have it folks, the October 2012 top golf courses in Myrtle Beach.
Keep in mind that there are great early booking specials for golf and accommodations so do not hesitate to call our golf department.
Fairways & Greens