May 2012: Top Ranked Golf Courses in Myrtle Beach, SCThe Author: Craig Chinn
Published: June 8th, 2012
Last Updated: May 3rd, 2013
The Spring 2012 golf season has come and gone here in Myrtle Beach,SC. Without a doubt, the mild winter benefited course conditions of every track along the Grand Strand. A very important note I’d like to touch base on before I move onto our top ranked courses for May; 8 area golf courses are closing this Summer to install new greens. View our article about this to see which courses are installing new putting surfaces over the Summer.
In the past month, we’ve seen an exponential surge in golfer reviews and rankings. We’ve focused our efforts on getting a larger sample size to accurately represent the best golf courses in Myrtle Beach. This month’s results had a few courses that were on the list last month get knocked out of our top ten, as well as a few classics return to the list.
Let’s get down to business with the golf courses that have been voted the best in Myrtle Beach for May 2012:
1. True Blue Golf Plantation: The #1 golf course in Myrtle Beach for the fourth consecutive month. Really no surprise here. True Blue has been established as the best of the best amongst golfers visiting the Grand Strand.
2. Caledonia Golf & Fish Club: The sister course of True Blue, remains #2 for the second consecutive month.
3. Dunes Golf & Beach Club: As previously predicted in our April 2012 issue, this course has made some major moves, jumping up three spots from #6.
4. Tidewater Golf & Plantation: Dropped one spot from #3 last month. Tidewater has a reputation for always being kept in immaculate condition. It would not surprise me if it takes the throne for the #1 spot in the upcoming months.
5. Barefoot Resort & Golf- Dye Club: Moved up two spots from April`s list. We may see Barefoot Dye take a temporary drop in rankings due to the fact that they will be closing for a portion of the Summer to install new putting surfaces.
6. Glen Dornoch: @MBgolfpro has been saying for years that this course is the most under-rated course in the Grand Strand. Looks like our readers are starting to agree, because G.D. has jumped right into the top 10.
7. Myrtle Beach National – Kings North: Moved up one spot from #8, however “The King” will likely drop out of the top 10 due to them closing temporarily while changing of the putting surfaces.
8. Heritage Club: Many golfers consider this the best track on the Grand Strand. However it has been since May 2011 that the Heritage Club has been out of the top 10. We will see how long it holds the fort down.
9. Pawley`s Plantation Golf & Country Club: This Jack Nicklaus design has made it back to the top 10. Pawley’s Plantation has been voted as high as #4, which occurred in the June 2011 issue.
10. Grande Dunes – Resort Club: Welcome to big leagues! The Resort
course at Grande Dunes debuts
at #10 for the first time in our 15 months of publishing our top ten best courses. Like the Dye Club and the King, the Grande Dunes Resort course will be closing over the Summer to change putting surfaces.
There you have it folks, The Top 10 golf courses in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and surrounding areas for the month of May 2012. Please feel free to comment below and also vote for your favorite courses.
As always, Fairways & Greens